Thursday, September 20, 2012

ACADEMIA

Here I find myself once again the halls of learning, faced with this question: how do I learn stuff and still forge stuff?  Well, it's a bit of a struggle at the moment, but the situation's pretty damn great anyhow. 

Not where I go to school.

I'm registered for an independent study, like all the posts you see before this one, but with a twist: "Entrepreneurial Bladesmithing".  My idea is to make blades (important), create a brand (marks, products, style), market myself (business cards, the wild internet), and still stay true to my art (make historical things, only take commissions if I want them, etc.)

More like this.

This blog will thence be a record of that endeavor, as well as my general output to the bladesmithing community, and community on the whole.  I'll talk about swords, talk about metallurgy, talk about the language involved, talk about the myths that inspire my, and generally draw together my colliding worlds of mythology, history, archaeology, and craft.  Occasionally I'll stray, but I am the navigator of this ship, and the captain too, I hope. 

Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment